Visit the Boston Playwrights' Theatre Web site for information about our programs, tickets, and more!

Monday, October 25, 2010

In case you missed it...

Ellen McLaughlin and Stephen Spinella
...an article from yesterday's New York Times about the enduring impact of Tony Kushner's Angels in America, and the play's current revival at Signature Theatre.

I share this because Angels is a play that continues to inspire me to write. It's everything, really -- the complete theatrical package, full of big and small moments that are funny, sad, bombastic, beautiful, brutal, political, fantastical, and true. No matter how many times I read it or see it, it is always soul-stirring. When I was an undergrad, I carried around my copy of Millennium Approaches long after I finished reading it, like Linus with his blanket. (And later, watching the inimitable Kathleen Chalfant deliver that opening monologue from my seat in the second row of the Walter Kerr Theatre -- feeling like she was talking to me -- still stands as one of the most breathtaking theatrical memories of my life.)

Read the article here

No comments:

Post a Comment