Visit the Boston Playwrights' Theatre Web site for information about our programs, tickets, and more!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

LBD in NYC: Update

As reported in this space last fall, our very own Ronan Noone’s Little Black Dress (which debuted at BPT last season) will open Off-Broadway at The Exchange next month. The production is helmed by The Exchange’s Artistic Director Ari Edleson, who also directed the production here. The play is beginning to get some press, including this blurb from Theatermania and a longer article on OffBroadwayWorld.com.

Ronan has promised to keep us all in the loop as the play nears opening, and had this to say: Tuesday [April 5] was the first day of rehearsal and due to all sorts of madness I couldn't be there so I was Skyped in. I strained to hear a third of the play before the Skype blew up and I got to hear the rest of the play through iPhone on speaker. Regardless of the ingenuity on board here, I could tell the changes I made to the piece didn't work. In truth, I sensed they wouldn't work. All along the way I found the play pushing back at my attempts to clean it up.

Ronan has been very candid about LBD's wild -- and fascinating (if you're not the playwright living through it!) development history; I, for one, can’t wait to see the next step in the evolution of this terrific play.

Get tickets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment