Boston Theater Marathon XV will be held on May 12, 2013!
Boston Playwrights' Theatre produces this award-winning all-day marathon of new ten-minute plays chosen from more than 400 entries from New England playwrights. The 50 selected plays are produced by 50 New England theatre companies who donate their time to this event. Generously supported over the years by the Boston University Humanities Foundation and by individual donations, the BTM gives net proceeds to the Theatre Community Benevolent Fund, an organization helping area theatre artists and companies in crisis.
- All scripts must play under 10-minutes.
- Ten pages maximum. IF YOUR PLAY IS MORE THAN 10 PAGES LONG, IT WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR THE FESTIVAL.
- Please use a 10-point font or larger.
- No more than two submissions per author. This includes co-authored pieces.
- Minimal sets and props suggested.
- Submissions will be accepted from New England-area playwrights only.
- New England does not include New York. Sorry.
permanent residents in New England and/or those who have a New England
mailing address are eligible.
If you are unsure if you qualify, please call 617-353-5443.
- There are no restrictions on subject matter.
- Script must be typewritten in accepted playwriting format (See Samuel French Guidelines; call 212-206-8990 to order)
- You must submit three (3) copies of each script. Please put the title somewhere on the first page of each copy, but no author name. (see below) Please only staple the top left or each copy. All other covers, ring bindings, etc. will be removed.
- Please include a brief synopsis (100 words) with a character breakdown, and the age and the ethnicity of characters, if applicable. This synopsis is for internal use only and may be edited for content.
- NO NAMES PLEASE on the 3 copies. Only indicate the title of the play on the first page of the text - nowhere acknowledge the author’s identity (this includes headers, footers).
require a single separate information page for each play that you enter.
On this separate page, indicate:
TITLE OF PLAY
ADDRESS (including e-mail address if applicable)
and YOUR PHONE NUMBERS.
Please do not staple this page to the script copies. This page will be separated from the script before being read by the panel. THIS SEPARATE PAGE IS THE ONLY PLACE YOUR NAME WILL APPEAR. Though three copies of the play are required, only one information page is necessary.
- Scripts will not be returned. The paper will be recycled.
- All submissions must be postmarked (or hand-delivered) by November 15th.
Acceptance will be acknowledged in early spring.
Please send scripts to:Boston Playwrights’ Theatre
Attn: Boston Theater Marathon
949 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215